Here is another one I found today.
by Eliza Gauger (17-year-old from Bellingham, WA) on 9/12/2001.
"My own mother deplores guns of all kinds, having been held at gunpoint when she was about three years old by her abusive, screaming father. But if she felt she had to protect me or my brother, she would pick up anything she could to defend us. That's what I wanted to represent. The torch of freedom replaced by the gun of defense."
I found this quote on another website. I thought I would share it and my thoughts on it.
If you think it's wrong to kill someone who is about to kill you, you are too stupid to be allowed to vote. Michael James
I would modify it to say:
If you think it's wrong to kill someone who is about to kill you and or your children and other members of family and friends, then you are too stupid to be allowed to vote. and probably wont live too long to complain about it. Bryan Fullerton
My opinion is that if you can stop an attacker without killing him then great. Pepper spray would work great in many situations though not all. No normal well adjusted human being wants to kill anyone and will most likely suffer psychological effects that his/her would be killer wouldn't even comprehend.
Educate your children folks. teach them the right from the wrong while they are young.
If it was left up to me to solve the gang and violence problems plaguing our country / nation I would make it mandatory that every man woman and child of a certain age carry some form of defensive device. -Bryan Fullerton
Recently I have had a number of visitors to my site from Canada. They usually want to know if I can ship to Canada. Unfortunately both pepper spray and Stun guns are against the law to own and use in Canada. However since you are not allowed to defend yourself the Canadian Government will be glad to solve your murder or any other crimes against you. They guarantee at least a 50% success rate and your surviving relatives will be glad and feel lots better knowing their government caught your killer.
Does it sound sarcastic enough? Unfortunately I see our government here in the US slowly going in the same direction. Solving the crime is more important then preventing the crime and preventing the crime is all about self limiting your rights. By self limiting your rights I mean not going out at night because its too dangerous, etc. etc.
First they take your guns!! oh that's right this is the US and we have a consti-what? Ok can't make a law directly against a constitutional right? well by cracky we can make enough laws controlling that right to bear arms as to make it nearly impossible to do it legally. Of course these laws only bear on those that respect the law. Since most, if not all, criminals do not respect the law, it doesn't apply to them and they will be carrying guns and other weapons. 10 kudos to whoever can tell me which country mandates that their citizens all carry guns and be trained in their use and responsibility!
As for our brothers to the north. Make sure you double bolt your doors at night and travel in groups of at least 3 or 4 in the daytime.
Someone found this and suggested I post it.
|These were received in an e-mail and no author was mentioned.|
I learned from my children's karate classes that the elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do! If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you but everybody else will. This has saved lives. Last night I attended a personal safety workshop, and it jolted me. It was given by an amazing man, Pat Malone, who has been a body guard for famous figures like Farrah Fawcett and Sylvester Stallone. He works for the FBI and teaches police officers and Navy SEALS hand-to-hand combat.
This man has seen it all, and knows a lot. He focused his teachings to us on HOW TO AVOID BEING THE VICTIM OF A VIOLENT CRIME. He gave us some statistics about how much the occurrences of random violence have escalated over the recent years, and it's terrible. Something like 99% of us will be exposed to, or become a victim of a violent crime.
Here are some of the most important points that I got out of his presentation:
- The three reasons women are easy targets for random acts of violence are:
- Lack of Awareness You MUST know where you are & what's going on around you.
- Body Language Keep your head up, swing your arms, stand straight up.
- Wrong Place, Wrong Time DON'T walk alone in an alley, or drive in a bad neighborhood at night.
- Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc). DON'T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
- A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage: Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
- If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
- Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
- ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot).
- If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times. And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN!
- As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP IT! It may get you raped, or killed.
- Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
- Pat Malone told us the story of his daughter, who came out of the mall and was walking to her car when she noticed 2 older ladies in front of her. Then she saw a police car come towards her with cops who said hello. She also noticed that all 8 handicap spots in the area were empty. As she neared her car she saw a man a few rows over calling to her for help. He wanted her to close his passenger side door. He was sitting in the back on the driver's side, and said he was handicapped. He continued calling, until she turned and headed back to the mall, and then he began cursing at her In the meantime, she wondered why he didn't ask the 2 older ladies, or the policeman for help, and why he was not parked in any of the empty handicap spots. As she got back to the mall, two male friends of hers were exiting, and as she told them the story, and turned to point at the car, the man was getting out of the back seat into the front and the car sped away.
DON'T GET CAUGHT IN THIS TRAP.
I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle.
I was going to send this to the ladies only; but guys, if you love your mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc., you may want to pass it on to them, as well. Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it.... better safe than sorry.
PLEASE BE SAFE AND NOT SORRY! JUST A WARNING TO ALWAYS BE ALERT AND USE YOUR HEAD!!!
Changed the home page to more easily see at a glance what we have. We really want feedback on this as compared to the old homepage that had 4 pictures of products with brief descriptions.
Watch the "Misc. Items" if your interested in good computers. I know a professional PC builder that usually just custom builds these computers for small businesses and hardcore gamers. I use them and really like them. Unlike the mass produced computers from other pc vendors, these are built with carefully selected parts known for their quality. Asus Motherboards known for years by computer geeks as being some of the most tweakable and reliable motherboards made. Nvidia Based GeForce Video cards are the most compatible video cards made. They work with more games, more motherboards, and more operating system configurations and are incredibly compatible with other hardware. Even older cards based on this chipset still work very well for those that don't need super high-end graphics cards. Typically the hardcore gamer will want the best of these cards which can get spendy up between $100.00 and $200.00. Sound is built into most of these motherboards and is 6 channel and very high quality. Favorite processor is the AMD processor. This is not only because AMD CPU's are high quality but because you get more value for your dollar then if you were to go with a Pentium processor. Other details should show up on the webpage when the computers are added.
We have been testing UDC (Electronic Dog Chaser or sometimes called Ultrasonic Dog Chaser). We have mixed reviews on this item. While aggressive dogs may be unsure of the noise it definitely is not annoying enough to them to make them run away with their tail between their knees. Family dogs may actually come closer trying to discover where the noise is coming from. Once they get within a foot or so they generally get tired of it and wander off. While the manufacture of this item claims it hurts their ears - our model didn't seem to. It may find use in training but for serious dog repellent we intend to use Muzzle Canine Repellent or perhaps even just plain pepper spray. (note we haven't tested regular pepper spray yet to know if it works on dogs).
Allot of people ask me what the most effective form of handheld personal defense item is. These would be either pepper spray, stun guns, or the newer tasers. The reading I have done on the subject shows that the new tasers are very effective providing you hit the target and use the equipment properly. It's no accident that the "more wealthy" police departments use them. And that is also the catch. They are expensive and you get one maybe two shots before you need to replace the rather expensive canister that houses the probes and propellant. Stun guns get mixed reviews. Some research suggests that drug users or others that are insensitive to pain may just get mad and more violent. On the other hand with the right attitude and a little preview the average punk should be pretty easy to scare off. Pepper spray comes in many types of packages from pens and rings to pagers and key chains. Also for the cost of a Taser you could buy every person in the whole neighborhood a couple of cans of pepper spray. And the good news is that its very hard to resist the effects of Pepper Spray. My vote for the most cost effective self defense is pepper spray. I suggest getting one to go by the front door, one to hook on the visor of your car, and another for your keychain. Remember it won't do you much good if you have to dig through your purse to find it. Keep it handy and have a safe Holiday Season.
I found a link to an excellent article aimed at myths some women have about defending themselves:
I would like to ask anyone who carries foam pepper spray or the regular liquid stream pepper spray to send me an Email telling why they chose that particular type of pepper spray. Later I will give my thoughts on the differences between the two and which I prefer and why.